Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Do not light candle in air-conditioned room


A tragedy that happened by lighting an aromatherapy candle in an air-conditioned room. Read on and share with your love ones this important health information.

Heard of a bad news regarding Charleine, who studied in MSMKL with some of us. She passed away last weekend due to carbon monoxide poisoning. It happened when she lighted an aroma therapeutic candle for the night in a room with air-conditioning on and all windows closed.

Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the candle cannot fully burned and thus forming dangerous carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide will prevent oxygen exchange in the lungs, resulting the person dozing off to state of unconsciousness and eventually passed away in less than 1 hour, depending on the room size.

I am sending this e-mail out to all of you so that you will be aware of such danger when lighting aroma therapeutic candles in any unventilated rooms.

Read also:
1. Air out your car before turning on air conditioner
2. Think your indoor air is safe?
3. Perilous Printer?

Marco's comment:
Aroma therapeutic has become very popular among our communities. Personally I quite enjoy lighting up such aromatherapy candle in an air-conditioned room while I am trying to relax myself.

I will do this once a while staying in a hotel room. I am skeptical to the chemicals that used to produced such aromatherapy candles, it might just bring more harm than good.

Now, with the above forwarded email, where to me the fact of the Carbon Monoxide that produced due to lack of oxygen is seems to be very valid, I strongly urge all the readers to avoid such practice especially in air-conditioned room.

2 comments:

DC said...

I just closed the windows, switched ont the air con, lighted the essence thingy, sat down to surf the internet... and read this...

Marco said...

I believe by opening up the windows for air ventilation, it should be alright then.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails